I am honored to serve the 31st District in the Michigan Senate and proud to be a part of the team that is reinventing Michigan with common sense conservative values.
In 2010, I said it was time for our state’s leaders to make the tough decisions to get Michigan back on track. I promised to roll up my sleeves and get to work representing your values and your voice in Lansing to help make this happen.
Because of bold leadership, Michigan is on track to lead the nation once again.
- Our budget has been balanced responsibly 3 years in a row because we forced the state to live within its means.
- We eliminated Michigan’s job killing Michigan Business Tax and replaced it with a fair flat rate, ending corporate tax credits and closing loopholes.
- We’re reining in government regulators with pro-growth, common sense reform.
- Our education system is becoming more flexible, innovative and accountable.
- We’ve strengthened Michigan agriculture, our economy’s second largest industry.
I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished but our work is not finished. We can’t afford to turn back the clock in 2014. Your values and your voice are needed more than ever before in Lansing and I look forward to your continued support.